Many users of Avast Antivirus have reported the issue that their computer screen show “Avast loading shouldn’t take long” message. There may be several reasons for this. It may be caused due to the disabled mode of the antivirus virus on the computer, or some file corruption while downloading, etc.
- 1 Avast Won’t Open Windows 10: ISSUE FIXED (Easy & Effective Guide)
- 2 Avast Won’t Open Windows 10: Problem Overview
- 3 Avast Won’t Open Windows 10: Related Problems
- 4 Basic Troubleshooting
- 5 Steps To Fix Avast Won’t Open Windows 10
- 6 Tips To Avoid Avast Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue
- 7 Contact Official Support
- 8 Final Words: Conclusion
- 9 Fix Avast loading this shouldn’t take long Error
- 10 Fix Avast Antivirus Loading Error
- 11 Disabling/ Enabling
- 12 Clean Boot
- 13 Repairing
- 14 The Conclusion
Avast Won’t Open Windows 10: ISSUE FIXED (Easy & Effective Guide)
Struggling with why won’t avast open? Many users are getting “Avast won’t open windows 10” issue. The good news is it is a fixable flaw, we have included a range of solutions from repairing Avast to performing a clean installation to fix it.
Avast is a well-known antimalware software serving for decades. So, the avast loading this shouldn’t take long but the reality is different as it is troubling various users. Some of them have switched to Windows defender as the Avast interface won’t open.
We can understand the severity as malware can corrupt the Windows system. Also, this prevents users from doing there day to day work. Especially for work from home guys, it is a matter of worry. The reason behind this issue is not certain. It can be the Avast installation package or windows system file
We have described the causes in our next section to make things clear about Avast won’t open windows 10 issues. Be with us to fix this annoying issue.
Avast Won’t Open Windows 10: Problem Overview
Under this, users are unable to open the Avast antivirus interface in their windows 10 PC. Many users are even getting a black screen issue due to this. Some users are getting BSOD errors after upgrading their system to windows 10. Usually, this occurs due to incompatibility among Avast driver and some CPU models.
It is important to know the real cause to get the real fix. We have collected the most possible reasons are shown below for your reference.
- Corrupt Or Broken Installation Package
- Troubled Avast Service
- Incompatible Environment
Avast Won’t Open Windows 10: Related Problems
Avast has a major user base so the feedbacks. After an extensive analysis, various related issues have been enclosed below by our team. Follow this blog to fix these related problems as well.
- Avast Won’t Install Windows 10: Many users are unable to install Avast antivirus in their Windows 10 system. A specific section of the model is facing this issue, we advise you to uninstall avast windows 10 then fresh install it using the given below method.
- Avast Interface Won’t Open: Here, when the user taps on the Avast icon, the interface doesn’t get open. Because Avast won’t open is many things are inaccessible. Follow our methods to fix it.
- Windows 10 Update Avast Problem: Here, users are unable to download the update. Some are even unable to install the downloaded updates. This can be because of the broken installation package or update. Make sure you are updating with a good internet connection.
- Avast Antivirus Won’t Start: Here, users are unable to open the avast program in their windows 10system. Usually, users are getting this issue after upgrading their operating system to Windows 10. No need to worry follow our methods to fix the avast won’t run issue.
- Avast Antivirus Service Won’t Start: under this Avast services are inaccessible by users. This can be fixed just by restarting or repairing the Avast program in windows 10 system. Follow our methods to perform this.
- Avast Antivirus Is Not Running: In some cases, after downloading the package, it is not running. Here there might be some issue with your file. Make sure you have downloaded it unbroken from an authentic source to avoid the avast won’t run issue.
Sometimes systems minor issue conflicts with third-party applications. Before going for major solutions let’s check on the minor things.
- Perform Complete Turn Off/Power Cycle
The power cycle usually fixes these kinds of errors. As it simply refreshes the configurations and services. Do follow the below steps to perform this power cycle.
- Hard Reset Your System, Just Tap On The Power Toggle For 40 To 50 Seconds To Close It. Then, Just Remove The Battery From Your Laptop. In The Case Of A System, Just Unplug The Power Cables.
- Remove All The Externally Connected Devices Including The Wireless Peripherals. Sometimes External Device Conflicts With Third-Party Applications.
- Wait For 5 Minutes. Afterward, Just Put Back The Battery In Your Laptop. Connect The System With A Power Socket And Turn It On.
This will surely fix this issue if it was because of conflict due to some systems service. In case still “Avast won’t open windows 10” issue persists switch to our Advanced troubleshoot section.
Steps To Fix Avast Won’t Open Windows 10
also read:- Hanging indent in google docs
also read:- Why Alt tab not working
Avast won’t open windows 10 issue can be fixed using some deep approach. As the various range of solutions has been enclosed below. We advise you to perform methods as per its order and instructions.
- Step-1 : Go for Repairing of the Avast Software
- Step-2 : Go for Restarting your Avast Services
- Step-3 : Ultimate fix: Install your Avast software from fresh
- Step 1
Go For Repairing Of The Avast Software
Sometimes minor things conflict with your Avast antivirus software services. There are chances that something has interrupted the Avast’s installation files. In this case, you will get “Avast won’t open windows 10” issue. This simply takes back your Avast in its default state. For many users, this fix has worked resulting in their Avast started working properly. We hope this will work for you as well.
Steps to start repairing your Avast program files:
- At First, You Must Have Logged In Using Your Administrator Account. As Then Only You Will Be Able To Delete Programs In Your Windows 10 System.
- Look For The Start Menu, Tap In The Search Box, And Write “Control Panel”. Once It Appears Tap On It To Open.
- Now Just Look Above The Right Side Of Your Screen And Select “Category” Under View As An Option.
- Now Just Tap On The “Uninstall A Program” Option Available Below The Programs Section. This Will Open Up The List Of Installed Programs And Features In Your System.
- Locate The AVAST Program And Right Tap On It And Choose The “Uninstall/Repair” Option.
- An Uninstallation Wizard Will Appear On Your Screen With Various Options I.E. Update, Modify, Repair, And Uninstall. Tap On The “Repair” Then Tap On “Next” Toggle, This Will Start The Repairing Process.
- A Confirmation Pop Up Will Appear Just Confirm It. Let This Process Complete, This Will Get Back Your Avast With Its Default Settings. Once This Finishes Up Just “Restart” Your Windows 10 System.
Once done just open your Avast antivirus to ensure that the issue got fixed or not. In case the issue “Avast won’t open windows 10” is not fixed then move to the next method to restart your Avast program manually under the services window.
- Step 2
Go For Restarting Your Avast Services
Sometimes Avast’s antivirus services conflict with each other. In this case, restarting the AVAST service manually can work for it. As reboot refreshes the whole configuration. Also, in case any third party service was interfering, that will get removed too. Many users have fixed Avast won’t open windows 10 issues using this hack. Make sure you are following the steps properly.
Tap on the Windows key with “R” to launch the RUN screen. Write “services.msc” followed by the ENTER. This will open the list of services running under the Service window.
Search the control panel at the start and open it. Look for the “View by” section and choose “Large icons” under this. This will expand the list of available options. Look for “Administrative tools”, tap on it and find the “Services” shortcut. You will find this, little down in the list. Just tap on it to open the services list.
- Look For “Avast Antivirus Service” And Right Tap On It Then Choose The “Properties” Option. This Will Again Pop Up A Screen With Options.
- Under The General Tab. Look For The “Service Status“Option. If It Is “Running” Then Just Tap On “Stop” Toggle. This Will Stop Temporally, Now Go With The Next Step.
- Now, Look For The “Startup Type” Option And Choose The “Automatic” Option. In Case Any Dialogue Box Pops Up, Just Confirm It.
- Now Tap On The “Start” Tab Available Under The Service Status Tap. After Tapping On This You Might Get An Error Message Containing Error Code “1079”. In Case You Got Any Error, Message Containing This Code Value Then Go For The Next Step Or Else Skip It.
- Again, Follow Step 1, Step 2, And Step 3.
- Just Switch To The “Log On” Tab And Check This Account Option And Tap On The “Browse” Button.
- Now Below “Enter The Object Name To Select” Statement, Input Your Account Name. Mark The Check Names, This Will Take A Few Seconds To Authenticate It. So Wait Till It Gets Available. Tap “Ok” Once It Is Over.
- Now The Password Box Will Pop Up, Just Type The Correct Passcode. This Should Fix The Issue With Your Avast Services Not Working.
In case still, it does not open then move to the next method to install this from fresh to fix “Avast won’t open windows 10”.
- Step 3
Ultimate Fix: Install Your Avast Software From Fresh
A clean installation is an unlimited fix here. As any glitch gets removed automatically. Here, we will completely remove the AVAST program from the system. Sometimes cache history interferes with third-party applications.
According to users after re-installing the AVAST software the issue got fixed in windows 10 system. This process deletes the corrupt entries from the registry. As corrupt data is the most found culprit in such cases.
Follow the below steps to perform the complete re-installation of Avast software:
- Go For Downloading Avast Software Using This Link. Look For The Download Option Their And Tap On It To Proceed. Make Sure Your Internet Is Stable And Fast. In Case It Is Unstable Then The Downloaded File Might Get Broken.
- Now Go With This Link To Download The Avast Uninstall Utility And Save It In Your System.
- Once The Downloading Is Finished, Just Head Into “SAFE MODE”.
- Once You Are Into Safe Mode, Just Open The RUN Box Using Windows Key And “R” At The Same Time.
- Now, Write “Msconfig” Followed By The ENTER To Execute. This Will Launch The System Configuration Screen.
- Now, Switch To The “Boot” Tab And Mark The Box Beside “Safe Boot” Available Under Boot Options, Then Tap “OK” Then Restart Your System. This Will Take Your System To The Safe Mode.
- Now Just Open Your Download Folder And Locate The “Avast Uninstall Utility” File, Tap On It To Run This. Choose The Folder You Want To Install It. Wait Till It Gets Finished.
- You Will Get The “Remove” Option, Tap On It. Then “Restart” Your Windows 10 Pc In The Normal Mode.
Once this is finished, check if the issue “Avast won’t open windows 10” got fixed or not. According to us by now this should get fixed if the culprit was Avast antivirus package file.
In case the issue is yet not fixed then we advise you to contact official support. As there can be some serious damage here or the compatibility issue due to windows 10 up-gradation.
Tips To Avoid Avast Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue
- Make Sure You Have Enabled Auto-Update For Your Avast Antivirus. You Can Get An Issue While Launching It In Case It Is Outdated.
- Update Your Windows Files Regularly, In Case The Glitch Is Due To Upgrading To Windows 10. They Provide Bug Fixes Via Updates.
Contact Official Support
If you are still stuck with “Avast won’t open windows 10” issue, do visit the official website to get a fix. As you are a Windows user, just visit the official website of your respective brands for online help. As there might be some compatibility issues between Avast and system’s configuration.
In case online doesn’t work for you just visit your nearest service center to get a fix. Make sure you have enclosed the required document if you claim warranty benefits. No need to worry! They will help you with an administrative level approach.
Final Words: Conclusion
Hopefully, our team effort has managed to make you smile. If you have any doubt or suggestions regarding the solutions. Do mention us in our comment section. Be careful and attentive while following the steps available under methods.
Fix Avast loading this shouldn’t take long Error
Avast Antivirus is a platform or rather a software created to safeguard your computers from any malware, viruses, etc. that might attack your computer. It needs a simple installation from the official site of Avast Antivirus. With further improvisations, this antivirus software is now compatible with mobile phones, tablets, and other devices as well.
Often, it might happen that any program may take a long time to respond or gets stuck, and you stay pretty clueless. Avast also has this issue. Many users of Avast Antivirus have reported the issue that their computer screen show “Avast loading shouldn’t take long” message. There may be several reasons for this. It may be caused due to the disabled mode of the antivirus virus on the computer, or some file corruption while downloading, etc.
also read:- How to do hanging indent
But no problem is so big that it cant be solved. The developers of the software have come up with easy, tangible ways to solve this issue. This article aims at presenting you with all the solutions in a simple and understandable way. The solutions have been devised in a way that everyone can understand at least one technique or the other. Hence, it is acceptable by all.
Let us now check the solutions to the “loading shouldn’t take long” issue.
Fix Avast Antivirus Loading Error
Sometimes the file may get corrupted or disrupted while installing. So, in those cases, it is advised to uninstall the existing file and reinstall the software program.
Here are the few steps which you have to follow to achieve this task:-
- Go to the control panel after clicking the start menu of the PC.
- From the control panel dialogue box, under the programs section, select the “uninstall a program” option.
- A list of applications available on the PC appears. Choose the Avast Antivirus option.
- Click on it and select “Uninstall.” Then it should uninstall avast antivirus.
- Now, visit the official website of the avast. Download the Avast Antivirus software for PC.
- Once the download is finished, install the software.
- Relaunch the application.
The application should work efficiently. If not, you can change to another of the following methods.
Following the steps mentioned ahead can be fruitful in resolving “Avast loading this shouldn’t take long”
- Go to the Avast Antivirus icon and right-click on the mouse button.
- From the options menu, move over the cursor to “shield options.”
- From the sub-menu, choose the “ disable..” option. You can disable how whichever period suits you.
- After the disabled time is over, go to the “shield options” again.
- This time choose the “enable shield” option.
- Restart your computer and relaunch Avast Antivirus.
The issue should get resolved. And if you still face problems, you can change your method to any of the other ones mentioned in this article.
Clean boot is basically a restarting of the computer system with a minimum number of programs and drivers. This facilitates in acquiring knowledge if any background app was hindering the functioning of this software.
To do a clean boot, follow these mentioned steps:
Sign-in as the administrator to your computer.
- Type MSConfig in the search bar of the start menu and select System Configuration.
- The system configuration dialogue box pops up. From the options, go to the Services tab.
- Choose the “disable all” option.
- Next, go to the “Startup” tab and choose the “open task manager” option.
- Disable all the items under the task manager and then close it.
- After performing all these tasks, click Ok. Restart the computer in a clean boot environment.
- Now reset all your settings and launch the application.
Some of the applications may face functioning problems, but once you set everything to normal, it starts working how it used to. you can also uninstall or use avast offline installation process to setup it from start.
Repairing the Avast Antivirus using Avast Setup Wizard is an efficient way of making the launching problem of the application go away. To go ahead with the repair procedure, make sure that no other antivirus software is running on your PC.
After that, follow a few simple steps to use Avast Antivirus with no backslashes.
- Go to the start option and select Apps and features from the options.
- The apps and feature panel appear. Find the Avast Antivirus option and click Uninstall.
- If, by chance, the “User Account Control” dialogue box appears seeking valid permissions, click “yes.”
- After this, the Avast Setup wizard appears, which shows two options- “change” and “repair.”
- Select Repair. The repair process of the antivirus gets initiated. You need to be patient now to let the process complete.
- After the process is over, click “done.”
- You can now re-launch Avast Antivirus and see that the avast error is solved or not.
As seen from above, there are multiple ways to tackle the problem of “loading should take longer” issue. This ensures that if one technique fails or doesn’t work on your system, you have several back-up plans with you. More so, sometimes, a combination of two solutions can do the wonders of solving the problem while sometimes, just one of the methods is enough. you can use avast url blacklist feature to block unwanted websites to be loaded on system.
“Avast loading this shouldn’t take long” is not a complicated issue. Often the application starts working after waiting for a little time. Hence, a little ounce of patience from the users’ can sometimes spare them all the efforts required to make the application work. I hope this article solves your problem with the software application and lets you avail all the features and privileges of Avast Antivirus software.