If you’re trying to open GeForce Experience on your Windows but it fails, and you’re seeing the error saying one of the followings：
- Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience.
- Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0001
- Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003
Don’t panic. We’ve seen many Windows users are also reporting this error. More importantly, you can probably fix it by yourself. Here’re 4 fixes to try. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- 0.0.1 Method 1: Stop all GeForce tasks and relaunch GeForce Experience
- 0.0.2 Method 2: Check all the GeForce Experience related services
- 0.0.3 Method 3: Update your NVIDIA graphics driver
- 0.0.4 Method 4: Reinstall your GeForce Experience
- 0.0.5 Method 5: Check for Windows Updates
- 1 [Fix] Geforce Experience: Something Went Wrong Try Restarting
- 1.1 3 Ways to Fix Geforce Experience Something Went Wrong.
- 1.2 Conclusion
Method 1: Stop all GeForce tasks and relaunch GeForce Experience
1) Press Shift + Ctrl + Esc keys at the same time to open Task Manager.
2) Select all the running NVIDIA tasks and click End task.
3) Right-click on your GeForce Experience app icon and click Run as administrator. Check to see if it works.
If there’s any GeForce Experience related services not set correctly, you may have the problem. Follow the steps below to make sure all the GeForce Experience related services are running correctly.
1) On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key, then press R to invoke the Run box.
2) Type services.msc and press Enter.
3) Find and right-click on NVIDIA Telemetry Container to select Properties.
4） Make sure Allow service to interact with desktop is checked under the Log On tab. If it’s not checked, check it and then click Apply > OK.
5) Make sure NVIDIA Telemetry Container is running. If it’s not running, just right-click it and select Start.
Now run GeForce Experience to see if it goes well. If it does, great! If it’s not, check to see these other GeForce Experience services are running.
NVIDIA Display Container LS
NVIDIA NetworkService Container
NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
If you still see the error, don’t frustrate, there’s something else you can try…
This problem could be caused by your old, missing or corrupted NVIDIA graphics card driver. If you’re not comfortable playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
4) Reboot your Windows and open GeForce Experience to see if it works.The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support.
This problem may also occur due to the issue of GeForce Experience itself. You can fix it by reinstalling your GeForce Experience:
1) Type feature in the search box from Start. Then click Apps & features from the top.
2) Click GeForce Experience, then Uninstall.
3) Download a new GeForce Experience from the official NVIDIA website.
4) Run the new GeForce Experience on your Windows to see if it works.
If your Windows is old, you may run into troubles using GeForce Experience. To check for updates for your Windows:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Settings window.
2) Click Update & Security.
3) Click Check for updates.
4) Install the available updates.
5) Reboot your Windows 10 and run GeForce Experience to see if it works.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type control and click OK.
3) Click Windows Update in Large icons.
4) Click Check for updates.
5) Install the available updates.
6) Reboot your Windows and run GeForce Experience to see if it works.
Which method helps you fix the problem? Feel free to comment below with your own experiences. Also I’d be very glad to help you solve further questions.
[Fix] Geforce Experience: Something Went Wrong Try Restarting
So, you must be trying to visit and further open the GeForce Experience with the help of which you can share the gaming moments of yours with your friends of yours.
Unfortunately, you might see an error that says ‘GeForce experience something went wrong’.
This is an issue that can be extremely annoying for most people because of the fact that you might be unsure of how will be able to fix this issue.
Today, in this article, we are going to tell you how you can get rid of this message error so that you will be able to open the GeForce Experience of yours again.
We are going to tell you some of the easiest steps first so that you will be able to solve the issue of Nvidia Geforce experience something went wrong and you don’t have to keep on scrolling up and down and further try some methods which are completely useless.
3 Ways to Fix Geforce Experience Something Went Wrong.
1. Log on to the Nvidia Telemetry Container
The first step you need to follow is to log into the local system account of yours for the Nvidia Telemetry Container.
This is a step which will help you to stop the error message from keep on popping up on the screen of yours when you are trying to open the GeForce Experience.
To achieve this:
1. Hit on the Windows Key + R which will open Run.
2. You have to type their services.msc
3. Then you have to scroll down and find the Nvidia telemetry container then right-click on it and click on Properties.
4. Now click on Log On and then click on the Local System Account and check the “Allow service to interact with desktop“.
6. Click on the Apply Then OK.
Once you are done with this step, you should give it a try to open the application further again, and most probably you are not going to see this error.
If you are done with this step, go for the next step, or Watch this video can help you.
2. Uninstall All of the Nvidia Programs
The next step you need to follow is to uninstall all of the Nvidia programs and then further install the version which is the latest.
There’s a chance that most likely that there is a bug in the software due to which this problem is caused and that does mean that you need to update the system of yours.
A bug is a type of failure inside of the system due to which this issue causes some of the unexpected results.
To Achieve This:
- Type GeForce in the search bar of your computer
- Further Right-click on the GeForce Experience and then you have to Uninstall
- Download a GeForce Experience which is new from the website which is official
- During the process of installation section, you will have two options which are: express (recommended) and other is advanced (clean installation)
- Select the Advanced installation.
After you are done with this, you need to run the program again, and then you have to see if it does work or not? And also see the next steps if still not fix the problem.
3. Update the Graphics Drivers of Yours
If the graphics driver of yours is out of date, there is a chance that you are going to see this type of error message on your screen and search for how to restart the Geforce experience.
If you want to fix this issue, you will have to get rid of all the graphics driver that is completely out of date and you have to install a version which is updated.
To Achieve This:
- Download the Utility Display Driver Uninstaller.
- After the installation of Display Driver Uninstaller, you have to boot the computer of yours into the safe mode
- Then, you have to launch the application DDU that was installed by you
- Choose the option for the Safe Mode
- You have to select the first option for the ‘Clean and restart’
- DDU is going to automatically uninstall all of the drivers and then restart the computer of yours
- Boot the computer of yours into the normal mode and then you have to open the DDU
- Click on the Drivers tab and then you have to further click on the button of the Driver Download
- Enter the specification of yours on the right and then you have to click on the Start search for the DDU so that you will be able to search for the optimal drivers for the desktop of yours
- Restart the computer of yours after the driver of yours has been completely updated.
4. Stop All of The Geforce Tasks
Further, in the next step, you need to stop the entire GeForce task, and then you have to open the application once again.
This is what the app asked to do at the point where the error did pop up on your screen so it’s a completely logical step that you have to take to resolve GeForce something went wrong.
To End Task:
- Hold the Shift + Ctrl + Esc so that you can open the Task Manager
- Then you have to select all of the running tasks of NVIDIA and then you have to click on the End task.
- You have to right-click on the GeForce Experience and then you have to click on the option of Run as administrator from there.
Once you are done with all of these steps, you will have to open the application of yours again and then you have to see if you are still getting this error.
You might see solutions like try restarting Geforce experience but they usually don’t work. You can try this method and this method will work for sure.
I hope this article was helpful to you and if you have any kind of suggestions then you can mention them in the comments down below and if you have any other question then you can mention them in the comments as well.
If you have any other solution to this problem then you are welcome to share it in the comments down below.